COOLSHOT 40i GII
- Measurement range: 7.5-1,460m/8-1,600 yd.
- LOCKED ON Technology*: LOCKED ON sign informs you of the distance to the closest subject.
When measuring overlapping subjects, the distance to the closest subject is displayed with a LOCKED ON sign in the viewfinder. For example, on a golf course, it is clearly visible that the distance to the flagstick has been measured even with trees in the background.
- Quick and stable measurement response regardless of distance — HYPER READ
- Displays the measurement result in approx. 0.3 second
- Golf mode displays the slope adjusted distance (Horizontal distance ± Height) which is a guide to how far you should hit the ball and useful when golfing on an uphill/downhill course — ID (incline/decline) Technology
- Two measurement display modes: Actual distance mode and Golf mode (slope adjusted distance and actual distance mode) are employed. Switching between the two modes can be achieved easily with a single press of the button. Actual distance mode can be used for official golf competitions, and Golf mode displays a guide distance of how far to hit the ball.
- Actual Distance Indicator is employed to indicate that the Incline/Decline measurement function (ID Technology) is not being utilised.
When using actual distance mode, the indicator blinks in green while power is on. Non-use of the Incline/Decline measurement function (ID Technology) can be confirmed by observers easily.
- First Target Priority mode is employed. When measuring overlapping subjects, the distance of the closest subject is displayed — useful when golfing for measuring the distance to a flagstick on a green with woods in the background.
- Single or continuous measurement (up to 8 seconds)
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating for bright, clear images
- Large ocular for easy viewing (18mm)
- Long eye relief design affords eyeglass wearers easy viewing
- Rainproof — JIS/IEC protection class 4 (IPX4) equivalent (under Nikon's testing conditions)
- *Single measurements: When measuring overlapping subjects and the distance to the closest subject is displayed, the LOCKED ON sign appears.
Continuous measurement: When displayed figures shift to a closer subject, the LOCKED ON sign appears.
Display mode cycle
Swipe horizontally to view full table.
|COOLSHOT 40i GII|
|Measurement range||7.5-1,460m/8-1,600 yd.|
|Distance display (increment)||
|Accuracy* (actual distance)||±0.75m/yd. (shorter than 700m/yd.)
±1.25m/yd. (700m/yd. and over, shorter than 1,000m/yd.)
±1.75m/yd. (1,000m/yd. and over)
|Effective objective diameter (mm)||21|
|Actual field of view (°)||7.5|
|Exit pupil (mm)||3.5|
|Eye relief (mm)||18.0|
|Dimensions (L x H x W) (mm/inch)||96x74x41/3.8x2.9x1.6|
|Weight (excluding battery) (g/oz.)||Approx. 170/6.0|
|Power source||CR2 lithium battery x 1 (DC 3V)
Auto power shut-off
(after approx. 8 sec. unoperated)
|Waterproof structure||Rainproof — JIS/IEC protection class 4 (IPX4) equivalent (under Nikon's testing conditions)|
|Laser classification||IEC60825-1:Class 1M/Laser Product
FDA/21 CFR Part 1040.10:Class I Laser Product
|Electromagnetic compatibility||FCC Part15 SubPartB class B, EU:EMC directive, AS/NZS, VCCI classB, CU TR 020, ICES-003|
- *Under Nikon's measurement conditions.
The specifications of the product may not be achieved depending on the target object's shape, surface texture and nature, and/or weather conditions.
- Note:The origin of the technique of this Laser Rangefinder with inclinometer is the Surveying Instruments incorporated measuring capability of both distance and angle which were developed by Nikon Corporation. Among such products, especially, the first highly advanced electronic model, the Total Station DTM-1, is the root (Sold in 1985).