WX 7x50 IF/10x50 IF
- Employing eyepieces with superior optical performance, a super-wide field of view (apparent field of view of 66.6° for WX 7x50 IF, 76.4° for WX 10x50 IF) is achieved.
Minimising astigmatism and coma aberration, a sharp and clear image is realised, while the sharpness of the image at the centre of the field is achieved all the way to the periphery of the super-wide field of view. Without perceiving the frame, you can experience a feeling as if you are spacewalking into a starry sky.
- The Field Flattener Lens System is employed for compensating curvature of field from the centre to the very edge of the periphery. While realising a super-wide field of view, it assures a sharp and clear image across the entire field of view. The super-wide field of view allows you to take in a wide-sweeping view of star clusters or galaxies, while individual stars can be clearly seen as sharp points.
- Using three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements in each tube, chromatic aberration that causes colour fringing is compensated at the very edge of the field of view, realising a contrast-rich and high-resolution image
- High-quality multilayer coating which features uniformly high light transmittance across the entire visible range, is applied to all lenses and prisms to realise a more natural, clearer view. It reproduces the colours of stars in the night sky with fidelity.
- Abbe-Koenig prisms that feature total reflection on all surfaces and have a high transmission rate are employed, for a brighter field of view
- Applying a phase-correction coating on roof (Dach) surfaces of Abbe-Koenig prisms, which compensates phase shifts of light when reflecting inside prisms, results in high-resolution and high-contrast images
- Optical design that realises both a super-wide field of view and long eye relief. The super-wide field of view can be enjoyed comfortably from edge to edge, even by eyeglass wearers.
- Lead- and arsenic-free glass is used for all lenses and prisms
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with six-clicks facilitate easy positioning of the eyes at the correct eyepoint
- Dioptre adjustment ring with index for easier adjustment
- Waterproof structure that will not be affected if submerged in water to a maximum depth of 5m/16.4 ft for 10 minutes. (Under Nikon's testing conditions. Not designed for underwater usage.)
- Airtight structure with a nitrogen-filled body that prevents the inside of the optical system from fogging and resists mould even with significant changes in temperature
- Magnesium alloy is utilized, realising a sturdy, lightweight body that facilitate handheld viewing
- 55mm filter (P=0.75) can be attached to objective lens
- Comes with an exclusive tripod adaptor TRA-4 that enables attaching to a tripod