Use live view to frame photos and movies in the monitor. This is referred to as "live view photography".
01. Press the live view button. The view through the lens will be displayed in the monitor.
02. Position the focus point over your subject.
The focus point varies with the option selected for AF-area mode.
1: Focus point
03. Press the shutter-release button halfway to focus.
The focus point will flash green while the camera focuses. If the camera is able to focus, the focus point will be displayed in green; if the camera is unable to focus, the focus point will flash red.
Except in Auto and Auto (flash off) modes, exposure can be locked by pressing the AE-L/AF-L button.
04. Press the shutter-release button the rest of the way down to shoot to take the picture.
The monitor turns off and the memory card access lamp lights during recording. Do not remove the battery or memory card until recording is complete.
When shooting is complete, the photograph will be displayed in the monitor for a few seconds before the camera returns to live view mode.
05. To exit, press the live view button.