LOCKED ON Technology integrated.
Measures slope adjusted distance.
Easy way to indicate that the distance to the flagstick has been measured.LOCKED ON TECHNOLOGY
Provides clear indication that the distance to the flagstick has been measured.
Picture the scene of an approach shot to a green with trees in the background, where you are not sure whether the measured distance is to the flagstick or to the trees behind it. The LOCKED ON Technology displays the distance to the closest subject, the flagstick. At the same time, the LOCKED ON sign () in the viewfinder is lit to inform you. It is clearly visible that the distance to the flagstick has been measured even with trees in the background. * Single measurement: When measuring overlapping subjects and the distance to the closest subject is displayed, the LOCKED ON sign () appears. Continuous measurement: When displayed figures shift to a closer subject, the LOCKED ON sign () appears.
Pressing the button switches between Golf mode
and Actual distance mode.
Actual Distance Indicator blinks to signal that theIncline/Decline measurement function (ID Technology) is not in use.
Green LED lamp blinks to indicate that Actual distance mode is being used for measuring, as long as the power is on. Non-use of the Incline/Decline measurement function (ID Technology) can be clearly confirmed by observers.
Make sure to check the local rules in advance when using a COOLSHOT in an official competition.
Knowing the slope adjusted distance helps you
choose the right club.
Displays a guide distance to how far you should hit the ball, reading the uphill and downhill slopes of a course.
Employing ID Technology that reads the uphill and downhill slopes of a course, Golf mode displays the slope adjusted distance (Horizontal distance ± Height) which is a guide distance to how far you should hit the ball. This helps you to choose the right club on an uphill/downhill course where it is often difficult to accurately judge distance.
Viewfinder display example:
COOLSHOT 40i GII(Golf mode, for uphill)
For an uphill shot with an actual distance of 150 yards, the Golf mode displays the slope adjusted distance (179.8 yd.), which is the sum of the horizontal distance (146.4 yd.) and the height (33.4 yd.). You can thus select the right club for even both up and down hill shots.
- Measurement range: 7.5-1,460 m/8-1,600 yd. *1
- Quick and stable measurement response regardless of distance — HYPER READ
- Displays the measurement result in approx. 0.3 seconds.
- LOCKED ON Technology *2 displays a circle sign that indicates the distance to the flagstick has been measured.
- ID Technology displays the slope adjusted distance (Horizontal distance ± Height) which is a guide to how far you should hit the ball and useful when golfing on an uphill/downhill course.
- A single press of the MODE button switches between the Actual distance mode and Golf mode that displays the slope adjusted distance.
- Actual Distance Indicator blinks to indicate that the Incline/Decline measurement function (ID Technology) is not in use.
- First Target Priority algorithm is employed. When measuring overlapping subjects, the distance of the closest subject is displayed – useful for measuring the distance to a flagstick on a green with woods in the background.
- Keeping the button depressed enables continuous measurement for up to approx. 8 seconds.
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating for bright, clear images
- Large ocular for easy viewing
- Long eye relief design affords eyeglass wearers easy viewing
- Compact and lightweight. Ergonomic design for comfortable holding.
- Rainproof *3– JIS/IEC protection class 4 (IPX4) equivalent (under our testing conditions)
*1 The specifications of the product may not be achieved depending on the target object's shape, surface texture and nature, and/or weather conditions.
*2 Single measurement: When measuring overlapping subjects and the distance to the closest subject is displayed, the LOCKED ON sign () appears.
Continuous measurement: When displayed figures shift to a closer subject, the LOCKED ON sign () appears.
*3 Rangefinders may not be able to make a measurement due to raindrop interference.
- 1LOCKED ON sign
–First Target Priority detection sign ()
- 2Target mark ()
- 3Measurement display mode
- 4Battery condition
- 5Actual distance at Golf mode setting
- 6Laser irradiation mark ()
- 7Unit of measure (m/yd.)
|±0.75m/yd. (shorter than 700m/yd.)
±1.25m/yd. (700m/yd. and over, shorter than 1,000m/yd.)
±1.75m/yd. (1,000m/yd. and over)
|Actual distance (upper): every 1m/yd.
Actual distance (lower): every 0.5m/yd.
Slope adjusted distance (lower): every 0.2m/yd.
|Magnification ( x )||6|
of view ( ° )
|Exit pupil (mm)||3.5|
|Eye relief (mm)||18.0|
|Power source||CR2 lithium battery x 1 (DC 3V) Auto power shutoff function equipped (after 8 sec.)|
|EMC||FCC Part15 SubPartB class B, EU:EMC directive, AS/NZS, VCCI classB, CU TR 020, ICES-003|
|Safety||IEC60825-1: Class 1M/Laser Product FDA/21 CFR Part 1040.10:Class I Laser Product|
The specifications of these products may not be achieved depending on the target object’s shape, surface texture and nature, and/or weather conditions.
*1 Under Nikon’s measurement conditions. *2 Rangefinders may not be able to make a measurement due to raindrop interference. *3 Rainproof – JIS/IEC protection class 4 (IPX4) equivalent (under our testing conditions). *Note: The technology behind the Laser Rangefinder with inclinometer originated from technology incorporated in Nikon’s Total Station DTM-1 surveying instrument. The Total Station DTM-1, first sold in 1985, was the first highly advanced electronic model of those surveying instruments that incorporated a distance and angle measuring capability developed by Nikon Corporation.