The camera adjusts aperture and shutter speed for optimal exposure. In programmed auto mode, the photographer can adjust shutter speed and aperture without affecting exposure. This is known as “flexible program”. Choose programmed auto for snapshots and in other situations in which you don't want to miss a shot.
Creative Mode: Programmed Auto (P)
01. Press the MENU button to display the menus. Select Shooting mode.
02. Select Programmed auto (P) in Creative mode.
03. Although the shutter speed and aperture chosen by the camera will produce optimal results, you can also choose from other combinations that will produce the same exposure (“flexible program”). The program shift icon is displayed while flexible program is in effect.
04. Press the playback zoom in button for large apertures (low f-numbers) that blur background details or fast shutter speeds that “freeze” motion.
05. Press the playback zoom out button for small apertures (high f-numbers) that increase depth of field or slow shutter speeds that blur motion.
06. To restore default shutter speed and aperture settings, press the playback zoom in button or the playback zoom out button until the program shift icon is no longer displayed or turn the camera off. The default shutter speed and aperture is automatically restored when the camera enters standby mode.
View information on functions related to Creative Mode: Programmed Auto (P).