Use live view to frame photos and movies in the monitor. This is referred to as "live view photography".
01. Rotate the live view selector to Live View Photography.
02. Press the Live View button.
The mirror will be raised and the view through the lens will be displayed in the camera monitor. The subject will no longer be visible in the viewfinder.
03. Position the focus point over your subject.
The focus point varies with the option selected for AF-area mode.
04. Press the shutter-release button halfway to focus.
The focus point will flash green while the camera focuses. If the camera is able to focus, the focus point will be displayed in green; if the camera is unable to focus, the
focus point will flash red.
Focus locks while the shutter-release button is pressed halfway.
Exposure can be locked by pressing the AE-L/AF-L button.
In mode M, exposure can be adjusted with the assistance of an exposure indicator.
05. Press the shutter-release button the rest of the way down to shoot.
The monitor will turn off.
06. Press the Live View button to exit live view mode.