Heighten your photographic enjoyment with D3100's wide range of image and movie editing functions. Operations like Red-eye correction, Quick retouch, and Filter effects can be done in-camera via the Retouch menu, eliminating the need for a PC and enhancing convenience. You can also extract still images from movies and trim unnecessary frames.
The Retouch Menu
· D-Lighting · Red-eye correction · Trim (3:2, 4:3, 5:4, 1:1, 16:9) · Monochrome (Black-and-white, Sepia, and Cyanotype) · Filter effects (Skylight, Warm filter, Red intensifier, Green intensifier, Blue intensifier, Cross screen and Soft) · Color balance · Small picture · Image overlay · NEF (RAW) processing · Quick retouch · Straighten · Distortion control · Fisheye · Color outline · Perspective control · Miniature effect · Edit movie
- Capture more. Create more.
Each day is full of special moments.
To capture those precious moments and keep them forever.
To take the joy of photo-imaging experience even further, NIKKOR lenses combine Nikon's passion with its world-leading imaging innovations.
Feel the satisfaction of total control over the light.
Experience the exhilaration of perfectly expressing your vision.
Embrace the pride that comes from owning one of the most sophisticated lenses in the world.
NIKKOR lenses always elevate your passion for photography and life.
As the eye of the camera, the lens is critical to any photographic application. In fact, the beauty of a picture is closely tied to the performance of the lens.
5.5x telephoto zoom lens with VR - Capture faces from afar
Compact and lightweight, this telephoto zoom lens covers a broad focal-length range. It is ideal for zooming in on distant subjects or discreetly capturing natural facial expressions, and excels in sports and animal photography. Built-in Vibration Reduction (VR II) provides a clear viewfinder image - a big plus that aids in composition and delivers beautiful images with minimal blur and color bleed even at maximum focal length.
Versatile macro ideal for a diverse range of situations, including close-ups, portraits and scenics.
- This compact, lightweight macro lens - equipped with Vibration Reduction (VR II)* to minimize blur both in the viewfinder and image - lets even beginners capture striking close-ups brimming with texture and presence. The fixed 85mm focal length provides natural perspective and beautiful background defocus for lovely scenics and portraits.
Wide-angle zoom full of potential for stunning, dynamic expression.
- Photographing people up close at smaller focal lengths while including large areas of background adds a dramatic, dynamic feel to images. An ideal choice as a standard lens, it has excellent close-focus capability and is well suited for shooting buildings, scenics and when in small rooms. It is also outstanding for exaggerating perspective.
35mm prime lens produces lovely defocused backgrounds.
- Shooting wide-open at f/1.8 increases handheld shooting possibilities in dimly lit settings and provides lovely defocused backgrounds. This fixed-focal length lens is perfect for portraits of people and landscapes in which you want the main subject to stand out against a softly defocused background.
- NIKKOR VR lenses reduce* blur in photos and full HD movies caused by camera-shake that often occurs when shooting at slow shutter speeds, such as in dimly lit environments or when using micro or telephoto lenses. Unlike in-camera image stabilization systems, Nikon's VR is in the lens, which allows it to correct blur in the viewfinder thereby aiding composition and focusing since the image remains stable.